Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scallop Punch


OK, so some people are wondering about using the new Scallop Punch. This is what I have found that works.


First, notice the scallop markings on each side of the punch. This is the guide you will want to use for punching. The more you punch, the more you want to rely on the punch picture that the plastic edge.

After you punch once, you can see that the silver punch image is visible as you move the paper. You want to place the paper so that none of the silver image is showing.

Once the silver image is hidden, punch and move to the next location. It seems to be easiest to start in the middle and work your way out.



As you punch, the thin strip left along the edge is not stable enough for lining up your punch. That is why it is so important to line up the pictures of the scallops. I do like the look of that strip, so I kept it for my strapbook page.




I can tell... This is going to be one of my new favorites. Now, to try it with the Scallop Stamp set!

No comments: