Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Holidays

I have been busy making some holiday projects (in between class and grading papers)
Here are a few of my latest Holiday Projects.

First off, I picked up some new glitter. I usually only play with Dazzling Diamonds, but this time I tried the Fine Cosmo Glitter set. I picked up some glass ornaments, put a couple drops of reinker in. Then, I swirled the ink around to get a fine coat of ink throughout the inside of the ornament. I drained the excess ink out and poured copious amounts of glitter in. I swirled the glitter around to make sure every spot was coated with glitter and shook most of it out. Although I poured nearly the whole container of glitter in, almost all of it came back out. I used rub-ons, like the Old Saint Nick set, to decorate the ornaments.
A couple of tips: Use smaller images, due to the curve of the ornaments. Add the rub-ons in small sections. The white rub-ons show up best. If you make a mistake (and I did) its easy to remove the rub-on and try a new one.

I picked up the Country Living Holiday kit. What a great bargain that is! It had everything I needed. I was thinking about adding glitter to one project and wondered where mine was... no need, it was in the kit!
I made several items. This is the scrapbook page I designed for my Stampin Club. Using the Coluzzle to get the circle, the Designer punch for the tabs, and several circle punches, I came up with the this fun design. I cased a variation of this off of SCS (thanks Doris) because I thought the idea of the ornament design to frame the photos was so creative.

No comments: