Monday, May 18, 2009

Grease

Some events are harder to scrap than others.

We had our first big "Renaissance Rally" to reward students at our school. Our theme was "Grease". Not an easy topic. I have no stamp sets that really work. Big Shot dies... no. I fell back on stickers, a media I seldom use. But even with stickers, the pink paper still needed something. To give it a bit of a retro look, I pulled out my circles and squares stamps and used VersaMark to create a randomized retro background in the pink. The VersaMark keeps it subtle as a watermark but still adds a little something to break up the flat tone.

5 comments:

Rachel Bleich said...

Very nice! The shapes made a great background. I miss my set like that. I can't wait to see the new catalog!

Peggy said...

Great pages, Grease is my all time favourite movie. Guess that shows my age.

Unknown said...

It didn't look to me like you had problems at all! You are a very inspired scrapbooker! Your layouts make it all look so easy to do and I know it's not! I'm SB challenged! LOL
Diane

Brenda Myers said...

Nice layouts!! Great job!!

scrappinsarah said...

I love VersaMark too! It is so great!