Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pinewood Derby


A staple of scouting, I had to get Pinewood Derby scrapped. I found some of his old pictures from his derby as a wolf. I am using up some of the many scouting papers I have laying around. I took Basic Black to make the top border and cut the small images to alternate like a strip of checkered flag. I also used a circle Nestability with So Saffron to make the highlight of Daniel.

Every Pinewood Derby, I get pictures of the boy with his car, any awards, and all the cars. I think it so much fun to look at all the boys cars and see their fun ideas too.

Whenever possible, I try to include any memorabilia on the pages. In this case, there is his "driver's license". Every scout pre-registers his car several days before the derby. Each receives a license that they were during the derby. What a fun tradition!

All the boys also received ribbons, another momento to scrap along with a picture of their car with its special recognition! Daniel's car "the Republic Starfighter" won best space vehicle.
"Sigh" its our last derby.

No comments: