Saturday, March 28, 2009

BIA book


Playing with my Bind It All and coasters, I had to try some other projects. Whenever you get a new toy, you have to see how it works and how far it can go.

In this case, I thought I would start by playing with some of the Pattern Prints hostess papers. I love the designs, but because they are 6 x 6, they are somewhat limited. I have not worked much with that size, and this seemed a good project to try some out. I also used my Color Coach to find a good warm monochromatic scale. The Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron combo seemed good. I also dropped in some Marigold Morning.

With the flowers on the designer paper, it just cried out for some "pretties". I used some Saffron Craft ink on the pretties for the covers. I also used some of the new Satin Ribbon (that is so soft and pretty)

On the inside, each page is a pocket. I made cards with tabs to drop in each pocket. I also added a bit of Patterned Paper to each "spread". These pages were made differently from the other books, each being an individual page that also had a pocket. Using full card stock, the book is much fuller.

For any of these books, it seems the best option is to consider the necessary durabilty, weight and usage to determine the best design. There are so many ways to create them.
Its so much fun, I'll need to try some more!

2 comments:

EValeen said...

I've been hearing a lot about the Bind It All lately and it's great to see a project. Now it's on the want list. Beautiful project!

Jennifer Corson said...

I love this little book....I am a little book nut! I can't seem to stop making them...LOL!!!

The bind it all...looks cool...but I am technically challenged - BIG TIME! I'll have to see someone use it first...ha ha ha!