Friday, April 3, 2009

A Day in the Park

A little Sunshine Garden seemed perfect for scrapping a day in the park.
For Daniel's birthday, we went out to McKinley Park, not a common stop for us, but this park is special historically and socially. It has not only a very large play ground, but also other facilities like the duck pond. The boys had a great time playing here that day.

Although I rarely use flowery stuff (of course, I live in a house full of boys) the Sunshine Garden was perfect for these pages. The die cut flowers on the Saffron are not too "girly" and go well with the park theme.
The more rounded flowers reminded me of the scallop circles. So, I used the Scallop Circle die to frame all the duck pictures to create the same style.

Both pages were made from one sheet of Double Sided paper and one sheet of Self-Adhsive die cuts and Certainly Celery and So Saffron cardstock. And I still had stuff left over.

1 comment:

Rachel Bleich said...

What fun pages! I really need to start scrapping again!