Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tailor Made



Ok, I bought this Simply Scrappin Kit because I thought it would be good for some more masculine pages. So, I looked for some of my husband's photos to work with.

I started with his 25 year High School Reunion. I hate working with photos of events that I was not at or I don't know all the people (this case is the latter). So, I kept journaling to a minimum hoping that the pictures will tell enough of the story.

I love textured paper. I was slow to warm up to the idea, being so much in love with the smooth card stock. Now I wish the new catalog carries more options for textured cardstock. At least all the SS kits have textured cardstock.

The Tailor Made colors I focused on were Not Quite Navy and Sahara Sand. I pulled in just a hint of the Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip in some accents. I also used the Vanilla Hodge Podge, since there was a die cut stickers that fit that shape. SInce I had one piece of Hodge Podge, why not throw in a second. I also used some of the fancy brads from the set.

7 comments:

MommaC said...

Wonderful job, Karolee!! Very clean and simple ... it's all about the pictures! Love it!
I just got this SSK ... thanks for the inspiration!

Laura said...

Great job. Love the colors. Think I'll have to get this SSK too and find something to go with it.

Brenda Myers said...

Great job!! I need to get more pages done!! I hate work!! But I guess the bills must be paid!!

Tattered Nest, A Vintage Market said...

I love the scrapbook pages! With a new baby in the house I am looking for scrap page ideas!

Thanks for Sharing.

Evaleen Janssen said...

I love the layout and colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mel O'Donnell said...

Oh Karolee, I think I'm gonna have to try one of the scrappin kits just to get my feet wet! You really can put a page together nicely! TFS!!!
Mel

Teresa Brooks said...

Great Layouts. Love the colors...very clean and neat.