Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nature with a Top Note

I wanted to try the new "Walk in the Park" DSP.

Since I am in a monochromatic trend, I decided to try out my Textured Kiwi Kiss paper with the matching DSP. I tore the DSP with a curve to soften the lines. I tried to create balance by using symmetry in the DSP creating the valley between the two hills.

I used Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss with the Big Shot and the Top Note Die. I also used the top note on two pictures that I wanted to showcase. I trimmed the pictures down so they could fit in the die as a frame. I took a die "left-over" to frame the boys, another picture I wanted to showcase.
As accents, I used the White/Kiwi ribbon along the bottom and on the top corners with the bow. I am pretty bow impaired, so tying it with the white on the outside and the green know was quite the challenge, but fully planned.

I also tried out the new large grommets.
And of course lets not forget those little Forest Friends in Close to Cocoa.
The trick with the trees, since I do not have a Kiwi Kiss marker: I inked the pad with Kiwi Kiss, used a blender pen to remove the Kiwi ink that didn't belong on the trunk and then colored with a Close to Cocoa marker.

10 comments:

Cate J said...

Fabulous! I love the layout and the way you used the little Forest Friends. Wonderful job!

Unknown said...

More GREAT scrapbook pages. You are inspiring me to take up SBing again! LOL WOW the topnote die makes a wonderful picture frame doesn't it?! I don't think I would have thought of that
Diane

Rachel Bleich said...

Love the Top Note Die frame! Keep it up, company this weekend and next week a friend and I hope to scrap. I am sure to use some of your great ideas!

Teresa Brooks said...

Fabulous pages and the way you use Forest Friends. You are also inspiring me to up SBing again.

Buffy said...

These are beautiful! I love the way you incorporated the Top Note. Very clever.

EValeen said...

Great layouts! I'm loving the monochromatic. It really draws to your photos!

Brenda Myers said...

These are great pages!! Good job!!

StinkerbellSteph said...

What a great way to use stamps on a gorgeous scrap page!

Laura said...

Great pages. I love what you did with the top note. You give me inspiration.

scrappinsarah said...

I love these pages and the use of the top note die! :)