Sunday, April 26, 2009

Retired DSP for Orlando

With each catalog, Designer papers come and go. Unfortunately, I can't let go.

I always keep a stock of papers so I can finish projects because styles and colors change faster than I can complete projects. In this case, I started but didn't finish my Orlando pictures. I have had this Polka Dot and Paisley paper set aside for these pages for some time, but finally caught up on these.

On the first page, the cover page for the albun, I went with the Tempting Turquoise/Cool Caribbean look. I used the Arrow Punch to punch out turquoise arrows for the main stops featured in the album. I wrote the name of each place I scrapped on the trip using the white gel pen.

For my intro to Epcot pictures, I picked up a Mickey punch to use with my SU cardstock. I also cut out my titles using my Big Shot and one of my alphabets.

Like with all my scrapbooks, I tried to include some memorabilia. I included my badge and ticket to the layout. I also printed out a map that could fit on the page. It all comes together to as part of telling the story.

8 comments:

Cate J said...

I love these colors together. A great choice for showcasing your vacation. You have some very fun photos too!

Unknown said...

OH MICKEY SB PAGES!!! I'm in heaven! He's why I got into SBing I had to document my time with him! I love me a MICKEY but tell Minnie she is the jealous type!
Your pages are great and show are the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!
Diane

Mel O'Donnell said...

Karolee, I know just what you mean! I hate to see colors go and I just want to hang on to them simply because they are so pretty. But, I can't wait to see what new ones are coming out in July! I know my upline saw them in Hawaii, but she's mum and won't say!!! Shoot!

Mel

EValeen said...

I hang onto previous DSP too. you wouldn't believe how much old holiday paper I have...but I know I'll never be caught up on SB's so I need it. BTW..love the pages. It is always fun to see people's pages from where I live. Sometimes you forget it's a vacation desination too!

Laura said...

Great job. Looks like you had a lot of fun on this trip!

Buffy said...

I miss some of the retired papers....but the new ones are great, too! These colors are perfect for your Orlando pics!

Chelsea M said...

The colors are perfect for your photos! They were definitely worth saving!

Anonymous said...

I'm a DSP hoarder too! These pages are beautiful! I just got back from Disneyworld in March and have so many pictures to scrapbook. Your layouts are great!