Monday, April 6, 2009

Thank You cards

Our class received a grant to continue our field study programs. Although the district has been able to support field experiences in the past, our tight financial times are quite limiting.

To say "Thanks" to the support we received, I made some cards for the kids to record their thoughts and thanks.
Parents came along to chaperone our trip, so we had a card for each parent signed by the kids they worked with. The were really excited by these cards (made me feel pretty good to see they appreciated my time and didin't think they were hokey)

I made larger 6x6 cards with a picture of the kids on the trip for the foundation that made the generous donation that paid for our transportation. Each of the kids signed the card with a few words of thanks. They were really great!

Although I do like my cards, I think I am in a rut. I seem to be going through lots of Certainly Celery and So Saffron. Maybe because they go with the Delicate Dots DSP from SAB I have been collecting (I am sad to see it go) I also am using the SAB ribbon bundle. Hmm... same colors, no surprise with that. I also seem to find that everything suddenly needs eyelet trim. And I just living off of those embosslits. I just can't stop playing with that little Cherry Blossom!

But I did slip in some old Hodge Podge (antique Brass)
Yep. I am definitely in a rut. I need to pull out some new colors and sets (even if I am having fun!)

9 comments:

Buffy said...

Very nice! I love these embosslits, and enjoy seeing new ideas for using them. Thanks!

Cate J said...

All of your cards and pages are fabulous. Makes me even more anxious to get my Big Shot!!

EValeen said...

Inspiring! Time to hit the SAB paper and embosslits.

Peggy said...

I do not have the stem embosslit but after seeing your pictures I just might haft to order it. Absouletly Great.

Rachel Bleich said...

You maybe in a rut, but it is working for you. I need to use my cherry blossom embosslit a bit more. What a great way to share the two things you love to do.

Teresa Brooks said...

Love your cards and all your scrap pages are just great!!!, will be do some scrap lifting...HA

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards & scrapbook pages too!!

Chelsea M said...

Very pretty! When I was teaching, I always had my students write "Thank You" notes to parents and volunteers. It is such a good habit to adopt at an early age. Of course, they weren't nearly as pretty as these!

scrappinsarah said...

I LOVE these embosslits! I might need them now!