Thursday, January 8, 2009

Presents-Album


Since so many of my friends and family have been reproducing, I decided to make albums for them- Baby Brag books. I remember how little time their is to scrapbook or work on other projects with a little one in the house. And everyone wants to see pictures. So, I thought these would make some fun and useful presents.

I started with the standard 8 1/2 chipboard album. I took the chipboard album and colored it with craft ink. I added some designer paper and Modge Podged it. As some of you may have noticed, I Modge Podge any three dimensional project. I guess I feel it protects it.

Anywho,I took some chipboard and covered it with glitter. To do this, I first checked with SCS to find the best way to adhere glitter. The final decision was to color the chipboard to match the glitter with ink. Then, using the multipurpose glue, sprinkle the glitter liberally. Shake of the excess and it should be set. This is the Fine Cosmo glitter on Ginormous pieces and letters. Of course that needed to be Modge Podged too. All I need now is a picture to fill that flower.

For the album, I started with the Simply Scrappin Kit Rock-a-Bye Baby. The kits come with so many stickers, I split the kit to make two albums and pulled in some extra paper.

For each page, I placed the mat for photos and labeled the photo size. This makes it easy for mom to print out pictures and glue them in. I was trying to make it as user friendly as possible.

The page layouts are loosely based on the album Jaron Winder featured at convention. Although I didn't get to go to convention, another from my group created her album based on his. It was so great I thought I would try it out. Luckily, my upline Patty had the pdf and sent it to me so I could create my own. Its great to have such a wonderful stampin group!

I didn't follow Jaron's layout exactly. I wanted to have the consistency of having pages to feature each month. To do this, I repeated one spread three times, so four months were on each spread. (Notice the months listed on the bottom)

Some pages were also very difficult, since I do not have any of the pictures. Without the pictures, its hard to journal. For pages that are "some assembly required" I included the missing pieces. For example, I including terms and people who might appear with the new baby. All mom has to do is pick out photos and the captions that would match to put it all together.

Although it is a generic pre-made album in a way, it is also customized. I tried to include the babies name, initials, and such through out. All mom needs to add is pictures and its all about her baby.


One thing that is probably very obvious in this album, this is for a girl.

A is for Ashley, my niece's little baby. Hopefully, I can get a big picture to finish the cover and then I can deliver it to her.

No comments: