Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rock a Bye Boy Albums


Besides making an album for my niece, I had some friends who were also in need. Having babies a month apart, it was easier to follow a scrapmap and make them simultaneously.

The album cover, for Brandon, is done in Bashful Blue and Pool Party DSP. I used the Cosmo Fine glitter on some chipboard pieces. What a cutie!

I used the Rock-A-Bye Boy Simply Scrappin Kit and the same layouts as the Rock-A-Bye Girl book for both the boys.

Here's the other cutie, Spencer!

Spencer's album is covered in Certainly Celery. I thought it would go well with all his rainforest decor. Since I had new baby pictures of the boys, I was able to add pictures to the cover and a couple of the pages.

When I first saw the Rock-A-Bye colors last fall, I was a bit so-so. It has high contrast, which takes more courage than I usually have for scrapbooking. It also uses Tango Tangerine.

I am not much of an orange person, leaving it as an exclusively Fall/Halloween thing. But, I have found myself warming up to it unlike all the other orange variations. It also pulled on some blues and greens which I like. Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss went along with it quite well.

I also pulled in a few other colors, like the Brilliant Blue page. It does not pull much from the Rock-A-Bye kit much and uses my old favorite Pool Party again. This is why I stock up on those retiring DSPs. You never know when a project will just call for those old papers, like this project did for me.

To make the Brag Book useful for the moms, I made a spot for monthly development and special events.

To make it easy, I labeled the picture sizes so mom could know the size of pictures to add when appropriate.

I also included a place for pictures with the people. Since I had pictures from the delivery of mom and dad, I had to include those. All they need now is pictures with grandparents, cousins and so forth. So, like the other kit, I included all the parts to finish the page.

The kits have so many frames, and stickers! I was able to get through all the paper (as well as needing more since there were two albums) But there were more than enough stickers to split between the two albums and still have some laying around.

I did also add a few other things, like corners punched for adding to the pictures. I also used lots of buttons- Soft Subtle, Neutral, and Fresh Favorite buttons here and there.

I hope these albums help the girls share images of their new bundles of love with all their friends. We all want to see how they grow.

No comments: