Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Valentines pages


I decided to make some Valentines pages. This first page I managed to get the main part planned. Now, I need to scan in some pictures of us through the years. I am going to overlap pictures of us together from our first dates, to marriage, to us now (20 years later). Finding the pictures is the challenge. Usually, one of us is behind the camera or we have the kids with us. I used Close to Cocoa paper for my background and some Riding Hood Red for the scallops (from the scallop punch) Once I find all the pictures, I think this Candy Lane paper makes a great Valentine page. I especially love these birds (no pun intended) We are bird watchers, so it fits in with our lifestyles 100%!

I also thought the Candy Lane, Love You Much and scallops would be great for gathering up my Valentines. Each year, the boys made cards for me at school. Time to round them up and scrapbook them! I made a pocket for each page with Vellum. The vellum makes it possible to see the valentines and still contain them. I used the Love You Much stamps with Chocolate Chip and colored with Riding Hood Red and the punches to create lots of "card candy" for the page. I also colored a Pretties flower with Pirouette Pink and a Vanilla pearl to accentuate the page.

The last touch is to add the Valentines. I found some of the boys old projects. They are precious but not quite archival. Construction paper, hand prints, tissue flowers, poster paints and crayons. Gotta love it and glad I can share it!

No comments: