Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!

Before I share all the new projects from new goodies, I want to showcase one more old set, just for today. I made these cards as thank you to some of my fellow Navy moms using the Free and the Brave set. I used Brilliant Blue, Real Red, and Brushed Gold papers. I watercolored the image on Whisper White.

Today is a day not just for celebrating and shooting fireworks, but also to remember what it took to get here and the cost of having this celebration. Too often, people forget that "Freedom isn't Free". We have our freedoms because of those that have been willing to fight for it. And its a battle that we must continue to stand up for. Everyday, I think about our military and the sacrifices they make. I hope everyone at least thinks about them today.

In the meantime, I'll just keep waiting for my new military stamps set from the new catalog!

2 comments:

Mel O'Donnell said...

Karolee, thank you for sharing! I, too believe that freedom isn't free and know well the price that was paid!
Bless you!
Mel

Unknown said...

That was a wonderful set and your card is GREAT! And you are right about freedom not being FREE if it was it wouldn't be so sought after and need so much protection! We are blessed to have those willing to pay that price for us!
Diane