Sunday, July 19, 2009

Zoo

The new Tall Tales DSP seemed a good choice for doing my pictures of our over night stay at the zoo.

Although Tall Tales uses the 48 colors, I added some of the In Colors that are similar, which worked fine. I used Crushed Curry, which layers very well with So Saffron as you can see in the bottom spread. I journaled on vellum, and layered that on the Curry. I also added Designer Brads to hold the vellum without showing a bunch of adhesive. I stamped the animals on textured white cardstock. I like the "textured" look it gives them, without the hassle of the kissing technique.

On the layout, I wanted to have a bunch of the critter pictures from the day without making a whole book. So, I printed the pictures smaller and made a squared pattern of 3 x 3 pictures. This also helps balance against the large picture of the whole pack. Being our last event with Pack 224, I definitely wanted a group shot.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These turned out great! I really love that paper. And by the way I've visited the Sacramento zoo and it was a nice Zoo! Love that San Diego zoo though! It's a WOW!
Diane

Rachel Bleich said...

Very nice job! I love your scrapbook style. Thanks for sharing the idea. I might try to do something similar for our zoo trip last week.

Buffy said...

Nice! I like the way you mixed In Colors with the regular 48; it really shows the versatility.

Laura said...

As always your layouts are an inspiration for me. I've been resisting the Tall Tales paper but you've done a nice job with it.

Mel O'Donnell said...

What a great spread! Thanks for sharing with us!