Thursday, July 9, 2009

Robots

A new Stampin year means new stamp sets. Yeah!
One of the fun new sets is Lots of Bots.


My son was invited to a friends birthday party and he asked me to make a card (How sweet! He appreciates me!) He wanted me to make a stand up card like the ones I made for his birthday invitations. Well, I had to try my new stamps!

The base of the card is made with Brilliant Blue and the tag is made with Brushed Silver. The base is stamped all over with nuts and bolts in Brilliant Blue ink. I water colored the image with Going Grey and Brilliant Blue.

Daniel loves the interaction of the card. He likes how it is opened in a different way and it stands itself. I think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite designs.

4 comments:

Rachel Bleich said...

Isn't it a great feeling when your kids appreciate you and your creative work. You did a great job on this and I am sure it was the best card there! I really need to try this style, but I keep thinking it is too difficult! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very cute!
Diane

Laura said...

Really cute! And it is always nice to know your kids appreciate your efforts.

Peggy said...

I love this, can't wait for this set after seeing all the cards being made with it.