Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Big Shot toys ROCK!

With the new catalog came some new products I was not too sure of. The Movers and Shapers were interesting, but I wasn't sure of the value at first. I read some mixed reviews on the Sizzix Texturz plates. Some people loved them, but others thought they didn't emboss deep enough. I decided to buy them and make my own decision.
And the vote is in!

I have been merrily experimenting with embossing. I think it gives a great effect on card stock. Although some recommend misting it to get a greater depth of impression, I am happy with the results without. I did add a paper shim with the thicker card stock (never add a shim with the vellum paper, or you'll cut right through).
These first two cards are Riding Hood Red with Vellum Paper textured. I love the little Polka Dots! And the Paisley seems to go so well with the Love You Much heart.

The second pair of cards use the SU Curly Label Movers and Shapers. I ran the Real Red card stock through the Big Shot with the die to cut out the card. I then embossed just the front of the card with the Swirls texture plate. Stamping and punching the Curly Label sets fit just right inside the window.
On the bird card, I embossed the Vellum.
And don't forget a touch of ribbon and Silver Hodge Podge!

No comments: