Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brayered projects


Also at our Luv2Stamp meeting, we worked on brayered cards. These are my cards.
To create these cards, first stamp the image. Mask off the area that is not going to be brayered. (the snow, the water/sky). Brayer in layers, starting from the lightest color and working towards darker colors. Keep a light touch and move in a curved, irregular pattern. If you go back and forth, ridges tend to appear. Irregular, curved movements create a blended, even appearance.
The mountains were created by using a mask and sponged.

After all the brayering is done to create the blended backgrounds, white gel pen was used to add the highlights in the water and the snow.
It was amazingly easy to make such beautiful cards.
Patty is the best!

5 comments:

Cate J said...

These are just gorgeous! I haven't been brave enough to try brayering yet.

scrappinsarah said...

I have the hardest time with brayering - I've heard the start off the carstock & work it in thing but all my ink is gone before I can reach the other side. So I'm going to try your arc method - I LOVE these cards so much!

Jennifer Corson said...

WOW...both cards are beautiful but the first one...Oh My! I need to go get my brayer out...

Teresa Brooks said...

These cards are gorgeous. I haven't tried the brayered technique yet, maybe someday.

Laura said...

These cards are great! I have attempted the brayer a couple of times with not so great results. You inspire me to keep trying. Hopefully one of these days mine will look as good as yours!