Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Swap


For our last Luv2Stamp meeting, I decided to try out the Butterfly Die for the Big Shot. I used Textured Neutral cardstock - Going Grey and Basic Grey. I also used the Walk in the Park DSP and ribbon.

To make the butterfly, I first cut the butterfly out of Vellum Cardstock. I then ran it through again to emboss it. The middle of the butterfly still needed something, so I ran a line of Crystal Effects and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I was still stuck for antenna, so I cut a strip of vellum, folded it in half and curled it. I then used a silver brad to make the head of the butterfly.

One warning, the antenna can get twisted when curled, so I do not recommend having much of a curl and expecting it to travel well in the mail. This does much better hand delivered.

6 comments:

Cate J said...

This is lovely. Great job with the butterfly.

Rachel Bleich said...

What a beautiful swap card. The butterfly is on my wishlist.

EValeen said...

Beautiful! I keep putting the butterfly die on my list and then bumping it down for other stuff. Time to move it to the top. Your card was stunning!

Buffy said...

This is so pretty!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Such a pretty use of vellum and gray!

scrappinsarah said...

I LOVE this!!! I haven't used this die much yet but it is gorgeous with the vellum!