Saturday, June 27, 2009

Humboldt Redwoods 1

Pulling out old Simply Scrappin Kits, I also found Out and About which I had purchased for our camping trips.

I pulled out our photos from our Humboldt Redwoods camping trip for these photos. One of the nice things about SS Kits, the stickers and papers are all coordinated. Although this is true for all SU stuff, where everything matches and goes together, there are color combos I would never think to use, even with my color wheel. Some colors just don't seem to get my attention. Pulling out these kits drew my attention to a forgotten color - Sage Shadow.

Now, Sage Shadow is not new, but it is one I never seem to use. But I discovered it looks so nice with Navy and the Chocolate. I will definitely need to use it more. I also added some touches to my pages with the Under the Stars set. I love this bear! Plus it has S'mores!
On a side note... When scrapbooking, its sometimes hard to journal. I know many of my friends will avoid journalling, but that is an important part of the story unless the pictures tell the story in and of themselves. The bottom page doesn't need anything... the pictures say it all. I really like the photos, since I felt it captured that special relationship... and I planned the photos so the pictures would be climbing up as well.

4 comments:

EValeen said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous of how on top of your scrapbooking you are!

Rachel Bleich said...

Again, great job! I really like how intentional and the effect of the climbing pages. I need to utilize those SSK more and I agree with Evaleen, I need to be more on top of the scrapbooking!

Jennifer Corson said...

Beautiful pages! I need to start scrapbooking again for myself! LOL!!!

Cate J said...

It is a beautiful combination and I love the layouts you used. Fabulous photos as usual too!