Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coloma

Well, one of the lessons I have learned is "get it while you can". Fads come and go, stock changes frequently, especially in scrapbooking. I don't need to use it today. Afterall, if its archival safe, it won't go bad... I can use it later. I practiced this with a couple of the cutest Simply Scrappin Kits that retired last year. Round Up was an earth tones, western set. I thought "what would I use it for... we don't do too much western stuff". But I knew I would find a use later.
And I did! I was sitting with a friend at a local scrapbook store looking at my son's field trip pictures to historical sites wondering what I should do. She said "old west stuff would work". I searched the store and they had nothing! Its no longer vogue. But, I knew I had this at home, so I set it aside to come home to work on and.... here is the first one!

To make it have an older look, I sponged the paper irregularly with Chocolate Chip ink. I also tore the edges of the papers to help the worn look. Since I was digging out old stuff, I found one of my favorite stamp sets Frames and Flourishes (I think). I loved the old frame sets and collected all of them. To add to the frame, I lightly watercolored with the ink as well.
And its not the only field trip... more to come soon!

3 comments:

Cate J said...

Gorgeous!! I think the "If you like it, get it" motto is a good one. You can always find a use for it.

Mel O'Donnell said...

Oh, I'm with you when those beautiful papers go away. I want to hoard every scrap and then when the new stuff comes out, I forget all about my stash!!! OUCH!!

Laura said...

Wonderful job! Love the layout and I think you picked the perfect papers and colors.