Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Faux Leather Wallet

One of the coolest projects we learned at the Luv2Stamp meeting was how to make Faux Leather Wallets.

The outside of the wallet has a faux leather finish. This is achieved through heat embossing clear embossing powder after drawing lines in the embossing powder.

The wallet has pockets on the left for gift cards and a clear window (like a drivers license window) on the right. The wallet doesn't hold much, but is perfect for gift cards.
I made mine for my Secret Pal for his end of the year gift. I think it worked out quite well.

To learn how to do this, come to my workshop or you can purchase the pattern at Patty's website. The pattern includes an 18 page tutorial with over 70 photos and step by step instructions for only $10 !!
http://pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2009/05/fabulous-wallets-tutorial-available.html

1 comment:

Rachel Bleich said...

This is awesome! I will have to attempt it sometime since I don't live close enough for a class. I love the look, if I can pull it off!