Sunday, June 28, 2009

Humboldt Redwoods 2

For the pages for our adventures on the trail, I wanted to create some consistency, so I made all the trail pictures in Rust.

Again, I used the Out and About Simply Scrappin Kit and the Under the Stars stamp set to create this set of pages. On the first page, I have the types of things we encountered on the trail... plants, animals, bridges, tunnels... I didn't want to overwhelm the page with critters, but wanted so show several examples, so I made the smaller prints for along the bottom. Each is raised with a dimensional and are connected with hemp twine.

The second page shows use exploring the forest. From the analysis of tree rings, photographing the trees, or just playing around, its all about us in the forest. Besides the supplies in the kit, I used the Photo Corner Punch to make the layered corners for the large photo. If a kit has small stickers, I like to use those on the corners of of the corners (if that makes sense). That is on the page below.

The third page tries to capture the majesty of the trees. It is hard to convey the size of redwoods to those that have never encountered them. The view looking up the Founders Tree, where you can see the twist to the growth helps give a more personal view, where the picture of us in front of the tree gives some size and scope to the size of the tree. Rather than journalling, I used the signs from the trees. I took pictures of the signs with the boys beyond to give interest to the photo at both levels of depth.

1 comment:

StinkerbellSteph said...

Looks so good I feel like I owe it to you to jump in the car & see them for myself ;) You made such beautiful layouts!